Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sick reads and good results

Been a pretty good week since my last post. I've played three tournaments with a 1st place and a 3rd place. Both the cashes came in D1. The win was in the €45 Deepstack and the 3rd was in the Monday 5k.

Was pretty disappointed not to scoop on Monday. I felt myself and a guy who I had never seen up to that night were the only two solid players who cashed. The final table was pretty poor standard and if I had any sort of solid cards I would have been confident of another win for the books but sure whatever it was a nice cash and some well needed Dublin tournament league points, I was in some danger of missing out and not being able to defend my title. The sickest hand I played in a while also came Monday. I was in middle position with AT and decide to limp for 1k (My Stack 13k, Blinds 500-1000). Went to flop 4 handed with a Q89 raindow flop. Checked all around. Turn 2 checks to button who is table chip leader with 30k and bets 2k, folds to me and I call. I really think I've the best hand here and if I'm wrong I have a gutshot to hit so I call. River comes a 7, this doesn't complete much. I check again and he insta-moves all-in. I hated it. I was seat 10 so I had to ask the dealer to move back a little so I could get a look at the dude. He didn't look comfortable at all. He was super rigid, playing with his cards and then he noticed I was staring at the thing he was doing with his cards and stopped immediately, I made up my mind I was calling off my tourney with A10 high. I slid my stack in and he taps the table and says "good call" and shows me A10, ARGHH!! It was sick but not one person even attempted to bluff me and were pretty astonished I made the call. It was sweet to make the soul read yet sick at the same time not to scoop the pot.

Friday was one of them tourneys where I never made it out of auto-pilot. Nothing was a struggle. All bluffs worked, value bets paid and ran pretty well. Me and a good mate of mine Al finished 1-2. Nice when it ends up that way. He's got really good at tournaments really quickly, sure he'll have more results sooner rather than later.

As for tonight I'm stuck between the 10k in Jackpot or Arsenal-Barca. Pretty sure I'll make the trip into town because I love the structure of that tournament and I'm due some rungood in Jackpot. Looking for 3 cashes in a row, feeling really good about my game and life is pretty good at the moment.

On a personal note, been out kind of on the regular at weekends with friends and haven't had a shit night in a while. Looking forward to this week for another night out then Amsterdam next weekend. Had a blood test today which I got because I'm a new patient at a local doctor. So fingers crossed I've no secret diseases except gambling addiction.

Run Good Folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment