Monday, February 7, 2011

Downswing

Poker is a mind fuck sometimes. Win a tourney and boom you're invincible, you're awesome, you're freakin' God. Go on a downswing swing you feel like a loser, you suck and will never win again. Some people deal with variance better than others, I'm generally ok with it, but the current run of crap I'm having to deal with to make (or lose) money would test Gandhi's patience. Gandhi was a very tight aggressive poker player :)

The only way I'm getting through this is to realise that this run of horrid luck WILL change, I'm too rooted in logic to think anyway else. In fact I don't really have the right to complain considering I didn't even play much last week, only two tourneys with no cashes but a decent run to 11th in the Wednesday 10k in Jackpot. 

All in all I don't have a whole lot to write about this week. I played very little poker and had a decent weekend. Had a small party in mine for the Superbowl, plenty of beer and an in-human amount of wings that my mate 'borrowed' from his shop made it a good night. The game itself was awesome, Aaron Rodgers bossed it from QB and was a super deserving Superbowl MVP. 

On the subject of sports Liverpool beating Chelsea the weekend was one of the highlights of our season so far. Tactically Chelsea played perfectly into King Kenny's hands by playing so narrow, directly into Liverpool's flat 3-man backline. The win was made all the sweeter by Torres' no-show and subsequent removal, the 'bigger club' rubbish he came out with after his move pissed me off. It will be a long time before Chelsea are a bigger club than Liverpool. Robbie Savage summed it up nicely on Twitter.

Bigger Club 1 Better Team 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment