Thursday, February 24, 2011

More good results.

Howdy folks.

Pretty solid week again as far as poker is concerned. Played three tournaments since last Wednesday. The first was the Friday deepstack in D1 (which I won the previous week). Last hand before the break, blinds 200/400 I'm UTG+1 with AK and a stack of 11,000. Slightly below average. Anyway UTG limps, I make it 2k button calls back to the original limper he makes it 4k. I hated it but I moved in assuming I'd be racing and hoping he has AQ somehow. Button folds and UTG asks for a count. At this stage I know I'm at LEAST a coinflip. Anyway he finds out its 6k more and calls. Rolls over the monstrous 9 10 offsuit. Of course spikes a 9 and I'm outta there, not much fun and pretty tilting but such is life.

Second tourney, usual D1 5k. Tournament got 83 runners quite an achievement. Fair play to Ken and Robbie they're doing a great job down there in keeping the customers happy, I think of all the clubs I've played D1 has the friendliest and most welcoming atmosphere. Anyway, 20 players left I'm cruising with 40k. Went a little card dead and lost an AK v JJ for a monster stack and that left me short-ish. My last hand kinda sucked because it was completely unavoidable. UTG limps, which he had been doing with 70% of his hands. Folds to me on the button with AcQc I insta-ship 22k (blinds were 1500-3000), then sb re ships 60k. I knew the absolute worst hand he'd do this with was JJ or AK. Anyway limper folded and sb had AK. No joy and I was out 8th for a min-cash plus scalps.

The final tourney was the 10k in The Jackpot. I've stated previously how much I like this tournament. The structure is awesome and plenty of entertainment value for your hard earned Euro. With 2 tables left I had 5 big blinds after losing a preflop all in KQ v K3. Anyway I shipped with J10 off suit and got called by AA. Happy days. When I seen the aces I said, "my hand wins this every time." The flop rolls off 457. I then said "Don't worry its coming!" Turn J...........River 10. BOOM!!!! The entire table went into convulsions of laughter, it was pretty sick. Anyway final table went pretty smoothly and I ended up chopping it for a monkey each, not too shabby.

Poker aside I was at propaganda in the academy on Saturday night. Bit of a youngish crowd but the music was nothing short of epic. It was literally like having my iPhone on shuffle the €4 JD & Coke went down a treat. My biggest problem with going out to nightclubs is that all this chart and r'n'b garbage that gets played actually hinders my good time. I'm a bit of a music snob but I physically cant listen to fucking Rihanna and her bloke who beat her up in a nightclub or anywhere else for that matter. Rant over!!!

This weekend I'll be heading to Amsterdam, actually could not be more excited. Last time I got hit by a didlo fired out of a strippers minge so there's more of the same to look forward to, stories shall be told next week!

Later dudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment