Monday, December 6, 2010

First post... All you need to know, for now.

Hey I'm Carl Morrissey and I'm a low-mid stakes live tournament grinder around Dublin with the (very) rare online stint thrown in for fun. The main reason I've started this blog (aside from boredom) is because I'm not awfully aware of a low-ish live tournament blog around, I could be wrong but I don't really care.

I play on average 3-5 live tournaments a week ranging from €25 at the low end up to €250 at the high end. In general I am pretty sure I'd be in the top 5% low tourney buy in players around Dublin based on results which to be honest doesn't say much given the softer than belief standards but what the hey, its somethin' like! I'll also be using this blog to keep tabs on results, a few interesting hands that pop up and maybe the odd story or video that may amuse me.

Tonight is the €25 5k freezeout in D1 Club. This is an amazing little tournament for a modest buy in and friendly atmosphere could not recommended it any more highly, its actually what really gave me the kick up the arse I needed to do this. They have a progressive jackpot for winning the tournament two consecutive weeks which i scooped for just under €2,500. I believe the jackpot currently stands at €750, so that coupled with 1st place prize money adds up to a €1,000+ score, none to shabby for a €25 investment.

Tournaments I regularly play (bread and butter tourneys)  

  • €25 Monday D1 Freezout, 5k starting stack.
  • €45 Wednesday Jackpot, 10k starting stack.
  • €20+€20(rebuy/topup) Thursday Jackpot, 4k+4k.
  • €45 Friday D1 Friday Freezout, 10k.
I'll list off a few of my less regular tournaments in my next post, and I've a shout out to Ray Roche who scooped €1,300 playing roulette today to which I replied "Amazing, but don't give any money back. Keep it for Christmas and tournament buy in's." 0% chance that happens.

Run good everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment