Monday, December 20, 2010

Finally some results!

The blog curse has been broken!!

Played four tournaments this week and some that are not in the usual schedule. Monday played the d1 freeze, eliminated in a pretty standard button v bb spot. I shipped 10 bb's AJ called by JJ and missed. Whatever I wasn't too bothered, if you let these sort of situations bother you in tournament poker you will not survive.

Tuesday I played a €30 freeze in voodoo. Decent structure and 52 runners so it was pretty juicy. On the break they had a 1 table PLO SnG which I managed to scoop which easily covered both nights tourneys plus interest so that was sweet. After the break I accumulated a mountain of chips, 18 players left I was 4x average and super cruising. Started FT as chip leader but just had cooler after cooler to finish a very disappointing 5th but two cashes in one night live is a rare feat, nice to get back in the + column.

Thursday was a new tourney for me. €45 Triple Chance Round of each in the Voodoo (4k+4k+4k). I cant even stress how good this tournament is, between the 12k deepstack along with the added fun of NLHE and PLO this tournament is a must for anyone who enjoys PLO and tournament poker around Dublin. The tournament is only in its infancy and had 15 runners but I hope it will only grow and grow because its that good. In the tournament itself I played as good as I have in a tournament as long as I can remember. All my bluffs worked, value bets paid off and reads spot on. I ended up chopping with a guy, we were both deep and even though I was confident I could beat him heads-up the chop seemed like less of a grind so I accepted along with a nice little pay day.

Fair play to the lads at Voodoo for putting such an innovative tournament into their schedule, keep up the good work lads.

I didn't play the MiniFTOPS, mostly due to tiredness and its a super all night grind, I would not have been playing my A-Game and if your going to win a tournament of that size you gotta be playing A++, this wouldn't have been the case so I like my decision overall.

Christmas this week so I'll be playing a bit, finishing on Thursday then on to festivities. I know Christmas dinner this year will be SWEET, plus maybe some sneaky drinks and poker with the uncles, easy monies baby!

Run good everyone (Back by popular demand, there ya go Al and Snips)

No comments:

Post a Comment