Monday, January 24, 2011

RIP Nan

Apologies to regular followers of this blog that I had no update last Monday, my Nan passed away on Sunday morning and it was a really tough for for me to take considering I lived with her all my life.

I was chosen to say a few words about my Nan and her life and it was a real honour. I took two or three hours to finalise everything I was going to say for the funeral on Thursday last. I was ridiculously nervous but I suppose its to be expected. I've done a tonne of public speaking but this had to come from the heart. The general consensus I got from everyone is the speech went really well and I was happy to send her off with something nice to say.

Poker wise obviously everything has been a bit quiet. The Tuesday after my last blog post I shipped the €30 freeze in voodoo, other than that I've played two tourneys. I ran jaw-droppingly horrible in one and played like an absolute ass in the other. The latter worried me because I analyse lots after tournaments and these were just basic errors. I hope it was just a brain fart and not bad habits coming into my game, but the fact I even realise this I guess is good. Keeping my poker player ego in check, very important in my opinion.

Well this was a short post but under the circumstances its nice to stick up a new blog and get some routine back this week. My Nan was always super supportive and always told me if I loved playing poker to go for it, I know the idea of achieving something in poker for a loved one who passed on is alien to people but it will only spur me on to become better and do her proud.

Carl M

No comments:

Post a Comment