Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pretty boring week and random thoughts on tilt.

Meh is the only way to explain how this week went poker wise. I played four tournaments with one cash since my last post for a small loss for the week. I think the best way to deal with weeks like these are to start a fresh clear your mind and look at the bigger picture. I know plenty of players who who play good for weeks even months on end and then a bad run mixed in with tilt absolutely decimates their bankroll. I think I've enough experience and bankroll discipline to avoid this.

Another big factor in avoiding tilt is surrounding yourself with the right people, people who give good advice and encouragement rather than horrible advice. Choose your gambling friends carefully, they could make you or break you (literally). Luckily for me at the moment i'm surrounded by a great group of lads and we always have each others back.

I'm not usually one to complain about bad luck/running bad but this week took the piss. Countless 3 outers, flush v flush, top two rivered a couple times. With the stacks/structures of the tourneys I play this is almost impossible to overcome. I still maintain people get the same amount of luck over a lifetime, people who lose every week will just never accept this. This is understandable, poker players by nature are ego-maniacs. Everyone thinks they're the best player around and that their plays are uber genius. The problem with this mentality is that these people generally don't change their game over time and in an ever evolving game these people won't win, it's that simple.

Apart from poker I'm delighted to see Kenny Daglish back at Liverpool. Some people may scoff at the appointment but it will bring some much needed feel good back at the club at I really wish him all the best. With the way the league is at the moment 3 wins on the spin and everything is changed, a true gent in the game. Best of luck Kenny.

I also got my car to actually move which will stop me funding half the fucking taxis in Dublin. At least thats some run-good I guess.

Carl M

No comments:

Post a Comment